California (District: 19)
Zoe Lofgren (born December 21, 1947), pronounced http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pronunciation_respelling_key">zo, is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives">U.S. Representative for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California%27s_19th_congressional_district">California’s 19th congressional district, serving in Congress since 1995. She is a member of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)">Democratic Party. The district is based in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California">San Jose.
- Served as Staff Assistant to her predecessor, Congressman Don Edwards, 1970-1978; Worked on impeachment proceedings, the Equal Rights Amendment, and creation of the Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge in the South San Francisco Bay
- Practiced immigration law as a partner in the firm of Webber & Lofgren, 1978-1980
- Taught immigration law at University of Santa Clara School of Law, 1977-1980
- Served on Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, 1981-1994
- Elected in 1994 as only freshman Democrat from west of the Rocky Mountains
- Serves as Chair of the 34 Member California Democratic Congressional Delegation